What I Ate Wednesday is a blog link-up hosted over at Peas & Crayons, encouraging bloggers to post pictures of what they ate over a whole day. Hopefully taking part will show you guys whether or not I stick to the mealplan and give a bit more insight into what I can eat on my budget.
Usual work breakfast of porridge made up with milk, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, a little brown sugar and banana.
Snack of tinned peaches.
Lunch was some of the same lentil and coconut soup as last week with homemade brown bread and butter.
For dinner we had a Middle Eastern-style feast (we didn’t manage all of this between us, there was some left over!):
- homemade wholemeal pittas
- peppers, courgettes and onions roasted in olive oil and sumac
- homemade hummous (chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, peanut butter)
- salad leaves dressed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- couscous with dried apricots, Za’tar spice mix, lemon juice, mixed spice and chilli flakes